J Cole’s new album KOD hits the music industry with a slam dunk!


It seems as if J Cole’s new song ATM was played all throughout the NBA playoffs. The song chorus is as follows “Count it up, count it up, count it up, count it, can’t take it with you when you die but you can’t live without it.” This album has released just in time for the NBA playoffs. Yes, J Cole is referring to money in this song, but it could easily be relatable to the score during a basketball game. This was most likely a planned marketing strategy worked out by J Cole’s team. J Cole has an extremely large fan base, but it wouldn’t hurt to reach out to the NBA fans as well. It was a great marketing strategy and I’m sure it boosted his streams and album sales. I figured that I would list my top three favorite songs off of the album since that’s what I’ve been doing with the other works. So here are my top three favorite songs off of J Cole’s KOD album.


1) Motiv8

2) KOD

3) BRACKETS

This was a tough album to judge because I am a huge J Cole fan. I did my best to listen with no bias. I hope that you feel the same way about these tracks that are on KOD. Overall, I would score KOD at a 6.1 out of 10. It’s just hard to meet the high standards that an artist has set for himself through past works. J Cole has a very high standard based off his past albums and mixtapes. Hopefully, his music keeps getting better and better!

J COLE’S KOD ALBUM

6.1/10

Comments