Mac Miller - Circles: Another Music Savant Review

Mac Miller – Circles
Another Music Savant Review

This album review is over Circles by Mac Miller which was released after he tragically passed away in 2020. Mac Miller’s discography consists of Blueslide Park, Watching Movies with The Sound Off, GO:OD AM, The Divine Feminine, Swimming, and Circles. Mac Miller’s music speaks for itself but towards the end, the listener could see how depressed Mac became. It’s truly sad that we lost a legend within the hip-hop genre. Mac Miller may be dead, but his music lives on forever. We should not take our favorite artists for granted because time isn’t guaranteed.

Circles include a total of 12 songs which lasts 48 minutes in total. Circles will most likely remain his last album release since Mac Miller is no longer with us. His family members or record label could decide to release his music without him around (which fans would love). Personally, I feel like Mac Miller fans should respect his immediate family and the record label shouldn’t release any more music (unless otherwise specified). I became a huge Mac Miller fan once I heard his mixtape K.I.D.S. After this project I was sold on his talent. After K.I.D.S came Best Day Ever which is truly an inspirational piece of work. Mac Miller’s music got me through some tough times growing up and continues to do just that. I will forever be grateful for the music he left us with and will miss hearing his new releases.

Overall Rating: 6/10

It’s almost as if he was preaching about his depression yet none of us noticed until it was too late. Mental and physical health go hand in hand and are essential to a successful lifestyle. Although he was happiest while making music he was reaching out for help within his lyrics. I don’t know about you, but I don’t want to lose more musical legends due to drug overdose or depression. Mac Miller will forever be loved and missed by his millions of fans worldwide. All thoughts and prayers go out to Mac Miller’s closest family and friends.

Side Note: I have seen Mac Miller live 3 times and have had some of the best times of my life at his live shows. Thank you again, Mac, for all you’ve left us with.


Here at Music Savant, I like to rank the top 3 tracks from the album I am currently reviewing. These are the top 3 tracks from Mac Miller’s latest and last album release.

1.     Blue World
2.     Hand Me Downs
3.     Surf

Comments