Music Savant's Top 3 Tracks from Logic's YSIV album


Music Savant’s top 3 Tracks from Logic’s Highly Anticipated YSIV album

1.     Wu-Tang Forever

Analysis
There is not a hook/chorus on this track but rather it goes from one flow directly into the next. This gives Logic the chance to vibe with his verse and the rest of the Wu-Tang Clan members. Wu-Tang Clan is a huge inspiration in the hip-hop world and it’s impressive that Logic was able to get them all to do a song with him. The Wu-Tang Clan consists of Method Man, Ol’ Dirty Bastard, RZA, Ghostface Killah, GZA, Raekwon, Inspectah Deck, U-God, Cappadonna, and last but not least Masta Killa. I would love to think that Logic has gained enough stardom and recognition to get the Wu-Tang Clan to rap with him based off reputation, but I can see how money could play a factor into this linkage. This is definitely the number one track on YSIV because it brings a blast from the past with the Wu-Tang Clan and current with Logic. A perfect mash-up of great artists on a great song.

2.     The Return

Analysis
“I get up when I’m down, had enough, almost drown, when shit rough, I get tough and when I’m beaten to the ground I get up! I get up! I get up!” This hook is catchy and uplifting. It’s helped me through tough days already and this album is fairly new. I plan to be playing this track on my worst and best days, in hopes to better my mentality.
On the end of this track, he shouts out Jay-Z as if he wants to collaborate with him on future music. I feel like this could be a dynamic duo in the studio with them feeding off of one another’s positive energy.

3.     Ordinary Day

Analysis
“It was an ordinary day until I saw you crawl around my way, and the night goes on and on and on and on.” It’s hard to believe that one person can possess as much talent as Logic. He can rap and not mumble while doing and also sing fairly decent. Don’t get me wrong, he’s no Justin Timberlake but he can carry his own when singing for one of his songs. Hailee Steinfeld compliments Logic’s singing voice and carry’s the track to new heights when the chorus hits. This is a feel-good track and I rank it as my third best track on Logic’s YSIV album.


If you disagree with any of my picks then feel free to comment with your top three choices. Remember…. “peace, love & positivity!”


Comments