Meek Mill's New Album "CHAMPIONSHIPS"

1. Going Bad ft. Drake

"Still going bad on ya anyway". If you have a song with Drake on it then you better make sure its the best track on your album. This is definitely the case with Meek Mill's Championships album. Drake's playful rap style and singing voice compliment Meek Mill's hype rap. This song earns my number one spot and I'm sure I will hear it at local clubs/bars. I really just hope that the radio doesn't overplay it.

2. What's Free featuring Rick Ross & Jay Z

This song is about how Meek Mill, Rick Ross, and Jay Z have struggled with racism throughout their lives.  "What's free, free is when nobody else can't tell us what to be, free is when the TV ain't controlling what we see, tell my niggas I need you, to all the fam I stay true, pray my niggas stay free, made a few mistakes but this ain't where I want to be, before I'm judged by twelve put a twelve on my z, tell my niggas I need you, stay up, I know these times ain't true, real life, what's free?" This hook has a deeper meaning than the repetitiveness of the n-word. It shows that Meek Mill realizes racism is still alive and needs to be recognized as a crime.

"In Atlanta, the free were the blacks enslaved, 3/5ths of a man I believe is the phrase." This quote from Jay Z shows that these prolific voices don't forget about their ancestors past and the hardships that they had to face. They are blessed to be free even though there are still struggles that every colored person faces. I can only imagine what it must be like to experience racism. This song has a lyrical substance that speaks to the masses of America. Racism needs to end in public and in private.

3. Pay You back ft. 21 Savage

I'm normally not a fan of 21 Savage but when he raps his verse on this track with Meek Mill the two artists styles compliment each other. This hyped me up the entire time I was listening to this song. I pictured a crowd going wild and starting a mosh pit. Sometimes it's necessary to cut back and have some fun on a song. This is that fun song that will get any house party or club jumping.


These are my top 3 tracks on Meek Mill's new album "CHAMPIONSHIPS."
My overall rating of the album is a 6/10. I gave it this rating because there were a total of 5 songs that I actually enjoyed on a 19 track project. The others songs I really enjoyed but didn't make my top 3 are Oodles O Noodles Babies, and Dangerous.

Feel free to leave a comment with your top 3 tracks from Meek Mill's "CHAMPIONSHIPS" album and also follow the blog on Twitter @MusicSavantBlog. Thank you for taking the time out of your day to read my thought process on another album. Have a fantastic day!

Comments