Dave East's 2018 Album "Beloved" (MUSIC SAVANT'S TOP 3 TRACKS)


Dave East's 2018 Album "Beloved" (MUSIC SAVANT'S TOP 3 TRACKS)


This album was definitely centralized around gang relation, drug abuse and issues regarding poverty. Personally, I can't relate to those issues, which are very real, so maybe that's why I rated this album so low at 5.5/10. I feel as if Dave East was trying to prove how "bad ass" he is throughout his entire album. Sure, Rap is all about proving your toughness but  you need to intermingle good vibes within your songs. I feel like the good vibes were non existent throughout this album but it did contain some decent hype songs. Once Dave East is able to make more songs with meaningful lyrical content and musicality then he'll grow on the Music Savant radar. Right now he isn't top 5 or even top 10 but that could change over time. He definitely has the voice and talent but I feel as if he's just scratching the surface of the potential that he has. Dave East will become a more prominent name within the music industry in 3-5 years, if he keeps working at it. 

Now that my rant is over, here are Music Savant's top 3 tracks from Dave East's 2018 album release "Beloved".

1) Don't Cross Me (feat. Jazzy)

[Chorus: Dave East]
"Told 'em turn the lights out when I'm in the booth
Take my model bitch to lighthouse, project bitch the Ruth's Chris
They can't make me pipe down, snipers on the roof
Maybe it's my lifestyle, maybe it’s my new wrist
I just bought a new whip, white diamonds, it’s no Cool Whip
I bust down an 8ball, I just bought some pool sticks
Pull up with a new bitch, I might be with two chicks
I don't do no one-on-one, I got ’em on some group shit"


The lyrics were found on Genius Lyrics. Find all your song lyrics via Genius Lyrics.

2) In The Jungle (feat. Tish Hyman)

[Chorus: Tish Hyman]
"Livin' in the jungle, everybody wants to be a lion
But death will make you humble when you dyin'
Yeah, death will make you humble when you dyin'
Yeahhhh, money make these little niggas feel like giants
But death will make you humble when you dyin'
Yeah, death will make you humble when you dyin'
Yeahhhh-yeah, yeahhhhh"



The lyrics were found on Genius Lyrics. Find all your song lyrics via Genius Lyrics.


3) It's Lit

[Chorus: Dave East]

"Yeah, nigga, you know this shit lit
Yeah, nigga, you know this shit lit
Yeah, nigga, you know this shit lit
Yeah, nigga, you know this shit lit"

The lyrics were found on Genius Lyrics. Find all your song lyrics via Genius Lyrics.




Comments