Drip Harder by Lil Baby, Gunna (Music Savant)

I listened to Lil Wayne's new album Tha Carter V and looked up his old music from back in the day. I came across another artist who would destroy verses on his feature. This rapper is known as Gunna. I searched Gunna in the Spotify search bar and came up with an album by Lil Baby and Gunna. I have recently reviewed Lil Baby's album and thought it necessary to review Drip Harder by Lil Baby, Gunna since Gunna has always been one of my favorite feature artists on Lil Wayne's projects. I rate this album 6.5/10 and it is a top 5 hip-hop album of the year in my books. Below are Music Savant's top 3 tracks from Drip Harder by Lil Baby & Gunna, this album will bring good vibes to your day.

1. Style Stealer

The sample leads into the drum section that compliments the overall integrity of the structure of the song. I feel as if a lot of hip-hop artists are biting off Drake's sound or "style stealing" off of rappers who have made it bigger than them. Lil Baby disses the rappers that are stealing styles and not finding their own sound. The hook is catchy and could get a club popping.  

2. IAM

The piano rift compliments the 808's and fast attack snare. I love the low pass filter that is placed on the sound during the verses and how it is taken off during the chorus section. This song has a lot of variety with regards to effects and flow of the artists singing/rap voice. 

3. Belly

The smooth guitar lick and playful singing voice make Lil Baby seem as if he is a rap rockstar. I love the intermingling of rap and vocals. Lil Baby and Gunna fit well together on this track with Gunna making up for the lack of verses. Gunna adds a pop to the ending of this track that makes it stick out and a vibe for 2018.

 Twitter: @MusicSavantBlog

Comments