Royce Da 5'9" has released his latest album entitled The Allegory.  I can't relate to many of the situations depicted through his lyrics because I have always been blessed with great circumstances. Royce Da 5'9" does a tremendous job of using words to paint an image in the listener's mind. While listening to this project I can conclude that Royce Da 5'9" has been exposed to drugs and violence while growing up. These situations have shaped this artist and his views. He goes into great detail about racial discrimination and how white people have more privilege than African Americans. I rate this album at an overall of 6/10. I enjoyed his storytelling ability and the instrumentation on this album. I am not a fan of the decision to include 22 songs on this album because I started to lose my attention span around song 15. I am glad I made it all the way through though because my 3rd favorite track turned out to be the last one.

Music Savant's Top 3 Tracks from Royce Da 5'9"'s album The Allegory

1. Overcomer - Westside Gunner

2. Thou Soul - Kid Vishis


3. Hero - White Gold

Comments