Lil Wayne 'Tha Carter V" (MUSIC SAVANT'S TOP 3 TRACKS)


Music Savant's Top 3 Tracks From Lil Wayne's "Tha Carter V"



It's always difficult to choose the top 3 tracks from albums. Tha Carter V by Lil Wayne has 23 songs on it and posed as a difficult task for judgment. Tha Carter is Lil Wayne's signature series of album releases. I thought it to be essential for Music Savant to listen to the entire project and post about the top 3 tracks. Feel free to disagree with the choices and leave feedback in the comments section.

1. Let It Fly (feat. Travis Scott)
Fly (fly, fly, fly, fly)
Let it fly (let it fly, let it fly, let it fly)
Let it fly like the birds in the sky
Hotter than the weather in July
I done did so much I can't decide
Word, word to my guys
She just gets so wet, I slip and slide
Had to get it back to give 'em five
I, I, I, yeah


The lyrics to this chorus were found on Genius Lyrics. Travis Scott definitely carries this track but the transition from the chorus to Lil Wayne's verse is extremely smooth. Lil Wayne goes back to his spectacular lyricism and clever punch lines on Let It Fly. 

2. Famous (feat. Reginae Carter)

Welcome to your name in lights
All the lighters in the sky (yeah)
You must be famous
This is how you live your life, different city every night (yeah)
You must be famous, famous 


The lyrics to this chorus were found on Genius Lyrics. This song is motivational and shows that Lil Wayne can write good songs when he needs to. The album should've been filled with more songs like this one.


3. Start This Shit Off Right (feat. Ashanti and Mack Maine)


"We gon' start this shit off right (off right)
We got badass bitches in the house tonight
We gon' start this shit off right (off right)
We got some badass bitches in the house tonight"
The lyrics to this chorus were found on Genius Lyrics. This song will definitely be played at house parties and clubs. Lil Wayne is prolific for having at least one party song on his albums and mixtapes. Start This Shit Off Right will be the song we hear on the dance floor at clubs.


My overall score for this album is 6.5/10. It would've received more respect if the n-word wasn't used as a filter for poor lyricism throughout particular songs. Lil Wayne is known for his lyricism and punchlines but I didn't get that vibe from this album. I chose Let It Fly, Famous, and Start This Shit Off Right as my top 3 tracks because they show musicality and Lil Wayne's ability to make a great tune without having to result to filler words. Lil Wayne is one of my top 5 favorite rappers of all time. On that note, I feel as if he should avoid singing altogether. Every song where he had a singer for a feature boosted it on my radar. I wish nothing but the best for Lil Wayne, but I would not want him to retire after this album release. He would have to make one more great project before his retirement.

Comments